Clark Baini

To my beloved cousin Clark George Baini

O grief... O tears... O wailing
Your death is a cross, 
How can I carry it?
Rahil whose laughter was as big as the world
The laughter died 
And the tears became deep red.
Clark, your sister before you 
Hunched your mum’s back
Death was so mean 
To take away her children,
While in life, her sun is reaching the dusk.
Today all of us are shocked 
By your early passing.
 Rosanna! Today I don’t know what happened to me,
Our unique beloved has gone
He whose mind was valued 
More than the world's wealth
He who immortalized me with books - 
The literature has died
Clark, your age cannot be measured by time,
But by an admirable family you raised 
With love and good deeds
I never met anyone like you 
In this whole world
A tender-loving father 
And an exemplary man
Together, we grew up! 
Remember our early childhood?
We shared every laugh, 
Every flaw, 
And every meal.
Mejdlaya your town is shrouded in grief,
Above it, the White Mountain is at half-mast.
Mary, the Virgin attested to your heritage 
And your decency
She grieved for her care-free neighbour
And no matter how far you travel and roam,
To the Virgin you’ll always be a good friend at home
Like a saint, you lived 
And raised a righteous family
Temper their torment a little 
In this difficult time.
It doesn’t matter if the body perishes,
Your good repute will always live on.
Your picture is engraved in my heart
To keep you close to me forever and ever.
**